Re: [RC] OT - LQ electrical problem -- need answers - Laney Humphrey

A friend was having a similar problem with her camper.  Turned out she was running the fridge on 12v at home.  She was told it only takes about 2 hours for a fridge to completely drain a battery.
Laney
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] OT - LQ electrical problem -- need answers

If hooked up properly, the trailer LQ 12 V stuff will run off of the 120 V power pack (I think that this is what your mechanic is calling the "inverter".  You should not have an "inverter" they change the 12 v DC to 120 v AC to run AC stuff off of a battery).

If this is set up right, plugging the LQ into a 120 V source will start the power pack producing 12V.  This 12V will immediately get the lights to bright, and the excess will start charging the batteries.

You should also make sure that if you have a propane refrigerator, that it is not trying to run on 12V while in camp.  This will drain batteries quick.  They usually have buttons and lights to tell you what they are running on.

I think you may need to find a better RV repair place.  I don't think they understrand electricity.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875