Re: [RC] [RC] OT - LQ electrical problem -- need answers - Debbie Kirchner

Karen,

"Yes it should all work... if the power converter is good.... It sends energy to the batteries to charge them and to all the lights, etc... so if the Power converter is bad then it is not going to charge", see below, Dan said all the above too..

my hubby is a RV repair guy, ( it comes in real handy ) here is what he is telling me.. " yes, it is true that most of the electronics, lights, waterpump, ETC run off of 12 Volts or battery power, only the outlets, AC, Microwave, run off of 110, and yes it is true the power converter, is bassically a battery charger that charges the batteries and runs power to the above, this not a power inverter, but a power converter, it changes 110 to 12 volts.... so if Power converter is bad, then the batteries can not get charged...

If, you bought a little solar panel, it is not going to keep up with your daily demands, if it was a several hundred dollar one, then it would maybe keep up...

He is also saying that, "If they wired it correctly, it goes directly to the batteries, if they wired it through the converter, and the converter is bad, then it is not going to charge the batteries."

He also said it is a simple test procedure to figure this out, that it would take him 30 minutes to run the tests, and an hour to put it in... at MOST... they usually charge you 1.5 hours to test and repair...

He is saying that an inverter, takes the batteries and changes the 12 volt charge to 110... He says you do not have that...

I hope I got this all right.. if you have questions, let me know, and you can call and talk to him... he has been doing this for 25 years...

--
             Debbie in SE MN

         The Eagle shows the way....