Re: [RC] 40 Arabian horses for sale//Vaccinations - Sisu West Ranch

"...There is some evidence, mostly in European peer-reviewed journals, that Gulf War Syndrome was related to vaccinations and that the increase in autistic spectrum disorders is related to the Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccine. (Conflicting evidence on that last one?and the fact is that a measles pandemic is considered a more severe public health problem than autism.)..."

I agree that the conclusions of peer-reviewed articles can not be accepted at face value.  Basing actions on the conclusions and./or abstracts of papers is very chancy.  That is the reason I asked for citations.  Before I draw conclusions I carefully read the  articles, the references in the articles and usually do a further literature search.  I learned to do this during my 30 years of experience as an industrial chemist/engineer.  There is lots of BS in the patent literature.  Also in the final analysis the boss only cares that the product works and sells.  He is not impressed by faulty reasoning or poor analysis of data, no matter where you found it.  It makes one very skeptical of conclusions in print until you have analyzed the data yourself.   TI often advocated things I would not advocate because he (as he admitted to me privately) only had access to the abstracts of articles.

Moreover, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.  I feel this way about conclusions that blame immunizations for all sorts of things.  I also totally discount non-peer reviewed stuff as not being worth the time to read.  Usually, there are lots of claims, and testamonials, but no real data that can actually be looked over and pondered.

Ed

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875