Re: [RC] Serious drought/HOT in SE - Carolyn Burgess

Jody:

In the northeast, we are having the opposite problem.  Getting it to stop raining long enough to cut and dry hay. Although, true to form, it just stopped raining and is supposed to be in the 90's for the next several days.  On the hottest of those days, that will be the day that my hay guys calls to say he has 600 bales for us to come pull out of the field.

Carolyn Burgess

Jody Rogers-Buttram <dragnin100@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok everyone,

 We here in Alabama, don't know about the rest of the South, but we are in some serious heat and dry conditions.  Today, the weather service issued a heat advisory.  They also say that for the next 7 days, no end to this in sight.  We haven't ridden since the OD, and frankly, I don't want to right now in this heat.  Looks like we are not going to see a second cutting of hay.  Hubby farms, still needs another 300 roles for the cows this winter, (we only have 600 put up for them now).  People are coming out of the woodwork wanting hay.  I have NO square bales yet, and don't know where I will get them.  Angie has told me where I can get that "beautiful Alfalfa" she has.....and it is a 2 and half hour drive....but will be worth it.  Is anyone else out there having this problem?  I know out west it is dry/hot and on fire.  If we had one match dropped, we would have flames for a month !!!!

Jody and the ponies (who just want to stay in the shade of the barn with a fan all day)

Do you Yahoo!?