[RC] Cougar? - SturmRanch

Twist, my OT standardbred, has four equally spaced cuts, completely throuth the skin,  just about where the girth would lie.

We couldn't find a single thing in the barnyard, his stall or any of the places he has access to that would have made that kind of mark.

We have six dogs - there was no barking during the night, although the night before the coyotes were really loud.

Would a mature horse, a very calm and trusting gelding, let a predator get up close enough to rake him?

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Nancy Sturm
Southern Oregon