Re: [RC] 40 Arabian horses for sale - Ag47xAu49

In a message dated 7/13/2006 11:28:00 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, rainbowmeadowsranch@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I do not give my horses the combo vaccinations except for the EWV Enceph/Tetanus.  I also wait at least a week between vaccinations.  This is time consuming and requires record keeping but I don't have the  horror stories some folk experience.
I told my dental vet that I had given the EWV Enceph/Tetanus and she about took my head off. She is of the opinion that West Nile and Tetanus are the only necessary vaccines. My dental vet swears that we have not seen any EWV Enceph. in 30 years in Ut. so why vaccinate for something that does not occur. All I know is that I could not get the plane old Tetanus so to save time I got the 3 way. If I do that again this year I will not make the mistake of telling my vet again. Beccy in Utah