Re: [RC] setting records - rides2far

Angie, it is 'good training' as long as your
back can
stand it.

My mom keeps warning me I'm going to fall apart. The hay man's wife keeps
saying, "You'll pay for this someday".  I feel fine though. The best part
was standing in line at Walmart last night *forever* listening to one of
those cashiers that screws up everybody's order telling them how tired
she is and what time she gets off. I finally got up there and she said
(as if I hadn't heard her tell the three customers in front of me) "I'm
*tard*.  I just looked at her and said, "I'll bet I've got you beat".
She (total redneck voice) says, "Did YOU work till midnight last night?"
I just looked back at her and said, "Did YOU stack 265 bales twice?"  She
said, "Well...I picked up a 50 lb kid". Ugh. I wanted to say, "Lady, I
could throw that kid from here to the front of the store right now!"

As much as I enjoy making it out to be a big deal I will say that having
the luxury of going your own pace is a *huge* deal. When I hay with other
people they act like it's  a race or something. There's so much you learn
from doing endurance about how to do something like work hard all day.
First, pace yourself!  Second..keep your temp down!  I had lots of ice
water and a cold rag and just didn't let myself get to feeling bad.
Also, I have these two GREAT fans I got at Walmart. They're advertised as
moving something like 4 times as much air and THEY DO!  I just set one up
aiming at the back of the trailer and the other aiming at the stack...the
two places where I'd pause.  So long as my temperature stayed down, I
could work forever. I thought about Kat's sugar boost & glycogen, etc.
Weird thing though, I wanted cabbage soup (hot) for lunch. It was very
light...does that mean I wanted beet pulp? >G<

Angie >I actually feel fine...considering!<