Re: [RC] Bad Beet Pulp???? - SturmRanch

Interesting.

Last summer, one of my horses was hospitalized with a severe case of diarrhea.  He was tested for salmonella, Potomac Horse Fever, clostridium - nothing came back positive.

The final suggestion was that it was either a reaction to stress or a reaction to something  toxic he had ingested.

The only thing - we had just opened a new sack of "funny looking" beet pulp.

The horse recovered, but I never could bring myself to feed out that beet pulp, although I still do feed BP.

Do you think the beet pulp could somehow have been the culprit?

Nancy Sturm