[RC] hair rubbing with Supracore Coolgrip pad - Lori Bertolucci

Hi all.
Hoping someone might have some insight as to what may be happening.
My Supracore is starting to rub the hair off my horses back at the loin. Along with that I am noticing some small bumps under the skin. They weren't sore, at least not this time. But after 2 50 milers at Ft Schellbourne, I found that his back was a bit tender there.
Has anyone else had this problem?
He is slick coated, so it isn't a winter coat causing the problem.
This seems to mainly be happening with mountain/hill work.
Oh, and I am riding a Specialized saddle, International model.

thanks for any input.

Lori B.