Re: [RC] lowered age limit - Sisu West Ranch

"... But, unless changes can actually be made at the decision making level of USEF, I really do not see any way that this widening division between philosophies can be stopped...."

All in all I think we are in complete agreement.   Yes, I think it would be possible to do well internationally without trashing  horses, but it would be much harder.  Being a cynical person, and given human nature I also think that it is very unlikely to happen.

The other thing to consider is that it is possible (probable??) that young horses, pushed to the limit may be 1% faster than slowly brought along older horses.  In most sports 1% separates a winner from a last place competitor.  Even the slowest horse in a triple crown race is very fast.

Ed

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875