Re: [RC] [RC] Non Arabs - Debbie Kirchner

On 5/31/06, Maryanne Gabbani <msgabbani@xxxxxxx> wrote:
There are still a few out there.  My first Arab mare, now twenty years old, taught herself to gait when she had to keep up with an 18 hand Dutch Warmblood in the desert at a trot. The rule was: no canter...so she figured out how to do something that everyone called "Dory's Eggbeater Trot".  She had no problem keeping up with Oscar even when he extended and I absolutely love it.  One of her sons simply has a huge long ground-eating trot and no inclination that I've been able to find for gaiting but there's still hope for the other. Now if I could just find a stallion out there like her.....

Maryanne
Cairo

Well then, I guess it is not to late for those that have them to bring them out of the Closet and keep the Gait going... cause I know that is what the Morgan People are doing,

if you can find a few of the gaited Half Arabs, you might be able to establish some lines of Gait in the Arabians, and then start to breed for Gait, it sounds like it is not to late... I have been out of the Arabian World for a long time...

if you see any Soderberg Arabians in your Pedigree's that would have been my parents, I think they started with LouDon's Arabians for a while too.. It has been 20 years I think since they quit breeding... How time flies...

--
             Debbie in SE MN

         The Eagle shows the way....

DebbieKirchner.NaturesWellnessSecret.com
    www.MangosteenExperiences.com