Re: [RC] Smooth Traveling Arabs - DVeritas

In a message dated 5/31/2006 8:57:20 AM Mountain Standard Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Bottom line, ride what you've got.

I've noticed that in this sport, folks usually end up riding the horse they make.

Regardless of breed, regardless of who trained the horse, regardless of how well-trained the horse is, it's usually the rider and the rider's "style" (read, "way of going") that determine the proper use of gaits, the suitability, the success, the non-success of any given horse.

I get a chuckle out of the Arab/Non-Arab, (or is it the Gaited/Non-Gaited), thing.

The horse is important, but the rider usually screws things up regardless of breed...or the rider makes things work, regardless of breed.
Credit the horse, blame the rider....works for me.

Frank