[RC] Ride What You've Got - Tracey Lomax

Frank wrote:

>>I've noticed that in this sport, folks usually end up riding the horse they make.

Regardless of breed, regardless of who trained the horse, regardless of how well-trained the horse is, it's usually the rider and the rider's "style" (read, "way of going") that determine the proper use of gaits, the suitability, the success, the non-success of any given horse.

I still think that, if you’re not a rider who likes Arabs, you’re going to do better with a non-Arab.  After all, one of the requirements of Endurance is that you ride the horse to get it fit, and I don’t like spending hours in the saddle on a horse I don’t like J

Tracey