Re: [RC] Non Arabs - Karla Watson

The gaited horses do pretty well in our region (NW). In fact we have 2 gaited teams here. One of my daughters & I ride Arabs but my other daughter didn't like to bounce even on the smoothest Arab. She rode a Paso Fino and was HOOKED, so off we went to get her one. She loves her little boy and is doing really well so far in this sport on him. I say go buy the gaited horse. Ride what you feel comfortable riding and the rest will follow. Ignore the comments (shame on your folks) about your gaited horse. Heck, I've been reverse discrimminated against. I've had gaited riders trash talk my Arabs. Shame on all of you. Lets just have fun and ride. Who cares what you are riding.
------------Karla Watson/Portland, Oregon/Muddy Milers Team!!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:14 AM
Subject: [RC] Non Arabs

Why do people who ride non Arabs have such a chip on their shoulder? To each his own, no body cares, unless they see a horse that,s skinny & overworked. That tends to get everyones attention. I love gaited horses, I,m seriously considering buying one because I,m getting to old to ride Arabs. I,ve been told gaited horses are perfect for older riders, handicapped folks or those just plain to scared to ride Arabs   jvm