Re: [RC] LQ Trailer suggestions - Karen Sullivan

Hi Candace,

When I started looking at LQ trailers some years ago my two requirements were propane furnace (hear) and burners (make coffee!)
I found some great Sooners with small LQ but they had those darn heat strips on top of the trailer (heat strip/AC combo)..which  you can't use unless you have a land line-useless at most endurance rides.

There are times I have been very glad for the propane furnace.

I also wanted a very small LQ as it is mostly me, kids have left, and I didn't want to drag a long trailer.  I have a 3hslant LQ, which is about the shortest LQ I have seen....will probably someday make first stall into mid tack since back tack is too small for all my junk.

I have a fridge/freezer combo, very large corner counter/sink, tons of storage with over head cabinets and many drawers, a separate bathroom with shower/toilet (never use shower)....two burners, and a hookup for microwave if I use electric.  It is also wired for AC.  There is a bench with removable table. No sink in bathroom but who needs two sinks to clean!!

The entire trailer box is 18" , a nice size.

It's a Silverlite Roper 1....again, biggest counter I have seen in the smaller LQ's.....paid $19,000 hardly used one year.  Have been very happy with it.

Would  love to have a dinette which turned into a bed so I could share LQ with friends but not willing to haul a bigger trailer!!!

I also am not interested in the walk-through door....I can see it's uses but it also opens LQ up more for manure smells, it is nice to just have a clean separate area from the horses...

Karen