[RC] de spooking - heidi larson

Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please Reply to: diane Day fourdays@xxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It has led me to wonder if putting a bridle with blinders on it, like harness horses wear, would make the horse settle down and be forced to trust the rider more and wait for the rider's queues - without the constant distraction of seeing such predators as potholes, logs, and roadside trash around them. Just a thought.

Actually for my spooky guy I think it's more sounds than sight!  I've been tempted to try putting some stuffing in his ears.  Seriously, he's sooooo much better than he used to be, but still, I find that noises are more scary than things he can see.

heidi