[RC] LASIK - Peggy B-Smith

I had LASIK surgery done 8 years ago and am so glad I did it.
My eyesight was off the chart - I couldn't see the numbers on the alarm clock until I groped around and found my glasses. I couldn't drive even in the daytime without them and had worn hard contacts for 27 years before I had the surgery.

I had used mono-vision contacts before the surgery - one contact corrects near-sightedness and one correct farsightedness - and the did the same in my LASIK.
One eye is corrected for near vision, the other for far vision. I can read small print - I can even read the stock quotes in my paper and that type is small.

I had my surgery done in La Jolla by Dr. Perry Binder when I lived in San Diego. I had gone to another doctor first but was put off by his assembly line business.
If you have worn hard contacts like I did, you have to go without for some time until your vision stabilizes since the hard contacts tend to change the shape of your eye.  I was working with my optometrist to test my vision so to be sure my eyes were ready for the surgery.

I can't recommend this enough. I had spent most of my life wearing glasses then contacts. I had to wear glasses when riding because of the dust. And, it is so great to be able to read the clock without glasses!  I have almost forgotten what a pain contact lenses were, especially hard contacts.

Peggy Bergman-Smith
Bear Valley Springs, CA