Re: [RC] [RC] Did you know?? Sunglasses - Gloria Adams

Hi,

I am nearsighted too, & have an astigmatism. I wear contact lenses. But for sunglasses I use Oakley M frame, Iridium titanium tinted, & polarized. They have interchangeable lenses so I have clear for night.

Oakley lenses are 100% UVA, UVB, UVC protection.

Polarized lenses have nothing to do with UV protection, polarization just cuts down glare, but has no UV protection.

So the lens has to say 100% UVB,  AND   UVA protection in addition (not just 100% UV protection – that is nebulous, & may NOT include UVA protection! Do not take chances by ASSUMING is has all the necessary protection. For your own protection assume it does not if it does not actually SAY it).

I got a skin cancer on my eyelid, so this is what the eye doctor and dermatologist recommended.

Goto the Oakley webpage, they explain all the lens technology.

M Frame (wraps around) : http://oakley.com/brochures/eyewear/m_frame/

Polarization: http://oakley.com/technology/polarized/

UV Protection: http://oakley.com/technology/uv_protection/

HTH