[RC] re-lasik - Esprech

Hi I'm not Sharon but I too have had Lasik surgrey done. coming up on my 2 year check up now. Doing great. I've worn glasses since I was 8, and contacts since I was 11. started to have a little trouble with the contacts about 4 years ago. I was basically over wearing them but without them I was extremely blind. My glasses were fairly thick and being use to contacts my view thru them was a bit distorted, so I tried to wear the glasses as little as possible.

old prescription on contacts was -5.75 (left eye) and -6.00 rt eye with astigmatism (wore toric brand contacts) was spending almost $300 every 6 months for the disposables so figured after a couple of years the lasik would pay for itself.
had the custom procedure done w/discount from blue cross/blue shield for $1300  each eye.
Best money I've ever spent
at last check up had 20/20 in rt eye, 20/15 in left eye, no more problems with glare at night, no more dry itchy irritated eyes
yes, there is risk w/any surgery so always be well informed. if you wear glasses only minimally like for night driving or the movies the correction may not be worth the risk. you sign like 10 pages of waivers, but for a blind one like me the surgery was nothing short of a miracle
Grace in SC