Re: [RC] Bears and forest fires - Sisu West Ranch

Today it probably would require calling in a Napalm strike to start our local forest on fire, but sometimes...

During the last really bad fire season, I was headed to town to get some stuff.  I noticed a whisp of smoke comming through the trees a couple of miles up the mountain, near the trailhead.  By the time I came back, less than an hour later, the fire had started a run up the drainage and you could see trees exploding in flame.  Ultimately a few millions of dollars were spent to stop the fire, most of the irrigation water was used by the forest service, and over 1500 A were burned.  They eventually traced it down to a couple of teens who had started a fire to cook lunch.

Until I moved to MT, the stories of fires moving faster than a man could run seemed a bit farfetched.  When the conditions are right that is no exageration.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875