[RC] horse toys, mules, allergies in horses, braiding manes, massage at the OD - Judie Ricci

Hi all,  it has been a busy few weeks with the cranberry 2 day .  then the no frills frozen rainy day,   any way I am catching up on the ride camp stuff/   Toys for horses,
the black gutter worms,  that go on the down spout are great cheap horse toys,   they love to bit them pick them up  and play around,   if you dont see it in the pasture and hit it with the bush hog  it is kind of fun too!!   Molly mules are usually much easier to train,  and more agreeable than Johnnys,     Most vets use Azium powder for allergies,  you feed it in the bucket feed.   Often horses dogs and some cats have seasonal allergies just like we do.   Tree polens can set them off,  as well as feed additives,     elimanite all the supplements for at least two weeks,  feed hay and see how she is.  Then add one supplament at a time and document her allergies or lack of,
as for mane braiding,  I do think it is benifical to lift the hair off the neck,    but I dont want to roach so I braid a few of the horses and have one who does not like braids so I band his,   you just take the amount that you would have put in a braid and put a rubber band on it at the base,  this will lift the mane off the neck and does not take much time or skill,     then I still have  mane to grab if needed and can sponge the sweat off easily and Max can cool of as he goes.      And Yes Jody the  massage lady was at the OD last year.    Dont forget to boost your horses on vaccines,  get health certificates where you need them  ahead of time,  ( the Ky ride in 3 weeks) .  ride safe and ride happy.    Cheers    Judie

Judie Ricci
EarthLink Revolves Around You.