Re: [RC] *Oman, Shagyas - endurance - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 4/2/2006 8:51:01 PM Pacific Standard Time, tjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I think ASAV
is on the right track and I wish them the best and hope they rethink
the 25 mile National Championship idea if it is being presented the way
it seems to be on ridecamp. The CTR idea was a much better one to my
way of thinking.
While I can understand the desire to promote the breed and I met Oman at one of his Tevis attempts several years back...he was truly a gorgeous horse....the idea of having a "Championship" RACE at 25 miles is laughable and I hope that the promoters of the Shagya breed will take a second look.   Sadly because most of these "promoters" seem unfamiliar with endurance, I'm betting that the big race will be on :(

Sylvia