[RC] Shagya ride - been outed ! - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Dennis Farnham dfarnham09.aol.com or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Heidi,

You sly dog...you tracked me down! I am an associate member of ASAV because I
do not own a Shagya bred horse. My wife owns a long yearling, Anglo-Shagya
gelding. Concerning my endurance experience, I am an endurance groom (hostage -
chains of love) for my wife. I trained my wife's anglo-arab mare, Gallant
Rose...three, fifty mile wins in a row last season.  I am also a licensed, TB
racing trainer...been inactive for a while but was a winning trainer. Hope to
have two back in the game by fall. And I am a thirty plus year, serious student
of dressage. There's more, but let's not bore everyone. I have no axe to grind
concerning the Shagya...I'm not trying to sell anything to anyone. The long
yearling colt in our barn is there because I think he is a terrific young
horse...smart, strong, precocious, handy and very fast...and I do know fast
from not fast...not because he is an Anglo-Shagya. I haven't tried to force my
training opinions on anyone...or even held myself out as having anything to
offer concerning training distance racehorses. The only thing I have commented
on is unsolicited rudeness. Below is Angie's first post concerning the ASAV
ride in conjunction with Top of the ROCK.

Angie said:

"Good grief. I thought the Shagya folks have talked all big about breeding
great endurance horses.  If their "Eastern side of the Mississippi River
Championship" is 25 miles, how are we supposed to get the impression that
the people running their show have a clue what endurance is?"

Now please someone tell me what I'm misinterpreting. I simply read that as
being rude, snotty and condescending. If I am wrong in my interpretation, I
certainly apologize.

By the way, I post as a ridecamp guest because I haven't figured out how to get
a post how work any other way. This time I really won't be bothering everyone
with my comments on this subject, and once again, ASAV, best of luck on a
successful, enjoyable and educational ride at Top of the Rock.

Dennis