Re: [RC] was red cells, now green cells - Karen Sullivan

Susan,

Would really like your imput on NSC (Non structural Carbs), and what ideal levels should be for hay and even bagged feeds. A friend of ours has a horse that seems to be tipped into laminitis episodes if he is on too much pasture, OR rich hay, OR gets the other easy keeper horse's pelleted feeds.mash..

I have heard that NSC and especially fructan can be too high even in rye grass hays (what we mainly can get), way too high in oat hay and alfalfa...

If you can even direct me to good website, that would be great.
Thanks, Karen