Re: [RC] Ol' Time E'olytes - DVeritas

In a message dated 3/27/2006 5:43:32 A.M. Mountain Standard Time, rides2far@xxxxxxxx writes:
have considered taking the advice to put some electrolytes in the feed...but then I remember why I quit that...it cut down on the amount my horse ate. He ate much better with no additives in it, then I could dose afterwards, and the dosing didn't seem to bother him at all. I really do not like putting a lot of junk in the feed.
You know, it's quite obvious that what happens with e-lyting endurance horses is that the rider comes to understand what works better for their horse.

So, once the electrolyte brand is found, the delivery system is determined and the frequency of dosing (which can vary dependent on ambient weather/trail conditions), what has been repeated over and over and over ("know what works best for YOUR horse"), what else needs saying.

I'd like to emphasize that after delivering the electrolyte mixture to your horse, BE SURE TO DELIVER WATER  to them to rinse their mouths and chase the mixture down their throats (I use a 60cc syringe and put in at least two syringe-fulls of water (usually three) to rinse their mouths and "get it going".

Frank