Re: [RC] Horse went through fence - Lysane Cree

Hi

Thanks for all the responses. My mare is looking a lot better already. The swelling is mostly gone except down around the fetlock joint. But even that went down a little yesterday. Her legs still look like hell, but not screaming pink anymore :)  The vet came out for vaccines and Coggins, so he took a look at her legs and said there was not much else to do besides walking and hosing with cold water. He did say to put Nitrofurazone on her wounds and it made a big difference even in just two days.
I do have a gel which prevents proud flesh from growing in, called Vulketan (ketanserin tartrate 0.25%). It has always worked very well in the past, so that will be the next step. But so far so good. Yay!
The fur might take awhile to come back in, but I'm happy to see their is no infection and some improvement each day.
She won't have nice pretty legs like a show horse (already has one scar from two years ago), but as long as they're healthy and functional, I'm happy :)

Lysane

7 bucks a month. This is Huge Yahoo! Music Unlimited