[RC] Electrolytes revisited - rides2far

What really bothers me is that no one but Tom Ivers has bothered to
mention to riders that it takes energy to get electrolytes to go
into the proper places-

Sure they have. I believe every speaker on electrolytes that I've sat
through has. At the convention in Reno several years ago Susan
Garlinghouse had slides that I believe showed the horse's glucose levels
or something like that. I remember them explaining that it was needed for
the electrolytes to be used. Then there was a place on the graph where
the levels spiked and we asked what that was and the reply was, "Oh, he
ate some hay there". So..I figured so long as my horse was eating, he
didn't require the brand that's 90% other stuff and takes 3 doses to get
the recommended amount of electrolytes in the horse.

Isn't it Perform'n Win that everybody loves the taste of...but it
requires high dosages? If that's the brand, had 2 different people who
had trouble with their recoveries when they switched and then they
realized they were supposed to give 2 or 3 times as much of it.  The
horse was getting a lot of good tasting stuff other than salts.  So...now
that I've been incredibly vague trying to avoid being trapped with my bad
memory...*supposing* that this brand has lots of "energy" providers in it
and fewer electrolytes, does this not satisfy yours & Tom Iver's (rest
his soul) concerns?  How is that different than my horse eating lots of
hay & slurry & getting a dose of  lite salt desolved in yogurt shot in on
top of it all at the end of a vet check?

Angie