To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:10 PM
Subject: [RC] Abusing Horse

Okay, I will probably get alot of feedback on this post. I am fairly new
at endurance riding. I have competed in about 8 rides in the past 2 years.
I competed in the HEart of the HIlls ride this weekend. It was to be my 2nd
50 mile ride. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area which is a pretty flat
area. After completing the 50 miles I was pulled due to lameness. The
terrain was a lot rougher than I had thought it would be and then add the
fact that it rained. But, anyway, when I arrived back home my husband
accused be of abusing my horse by riding such rides. I have an arabian mare
she is a little over 14 hands but she is pretty stocky. I am a heavyweight
rider and my husband feels that it is abuse to ride her even 25 miles.
Have any of you ever been accused of abusing your horse because you ride
endurance. I take very good care of my mare and I think we were just not
ready for the terr ain this weekend. Does anyone have any feedback that I
can pass along to my NON horse husband who just sees a money pit in the
barn.

AW in Fort Worth