Re: [RC] [RC] Unsupportive spouses (including wives?) - Juli Jakub

I think that this is really important!!! We always want our spouses to be supportive of us and our horse passion, but I think we need to make time to be passionate about what they love too! I am so happy that my husband is interested in the horses. But I also try to be interested in his stuff too....I go snowboarding with him ( which I found I really enjoy)...I videotape him when he whitewater kayaks ( just as long as I am not trapped upside down in raging water in one!)...I like to listen when he plays his saxophone ( he is a jazz musician!!) I try to let him know I support him too although horses can get so consuming it can be hard. I am right now trying to figure out a way to have less horse responsibility so I can free up some time to do more of his stuff with him. Right now we can never get away...no one to watch the horses...I am trying to figure out a way to change that so we could at least go see a concert at night or something ( closest concerts are two hours away which is why the horses are an issue!!) I passionately love my horses, but I love my husband more and I feel like he has given me and the horses so much of his time ( and money!) that I have to do something to give back. It is important to remember that they have passions too!! Even if they share in yours!

<P>Juli Jakub</P>
<P>The Air of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.</P>
<P>~ arabian proverb</P></DIV></html>

Sometimes he spends time learning from me and trying to enjoy my "thing", and sometimes it is the other way around.

Maybe you should try joining him in his passion sometimes...

Christa