From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of larry Miller
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 12:37 PM
To: ridecamp
Subject: [RC] kids?

Mel,
I rode with my second pregnancy until 10 days before delivery.  I remember well Laura Hayes doing a 50 endurance when she was somewhere around 7 months pg.  I also skied when I was pg.  My doc quit asking me what all I was doing.  He just made sure the baby and I were healthy.  We were.
I kept horses as the kids were growing up.  I had ponies for them, they helped in the barn, and they also went on rides with me.  I wouldn't change those years for anything.  Doing those things, riding, taking care of horse, etc. taught my kids responsibility.  They also took care of mom on rides when I started out my green horses.  My mom always asked me when I was going to quit riding.  I told her when I was her age, I hoped I was STILL riding.  At that time she was in her 80s and finally quit asking me.  So I figure if you want kids, go for it but stick to your guns and don't let anyone else influence you.  It would help though if hubby is on your side.  Mine was very supportive, he didn't ride much and probably could have done without horses but he put up with them and my crazy passion.  Jeanie