From: "Sisu West Ranch" <ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <afwaldrip@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,<ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   Abusing Horse
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 08:04:47 -0700

The problem with spouses who are not into horses, is trying to figure out if their comments are really out of concern for the horse, or just passive aggressive.

If they are just concerned for the horses welfare, education in the form of books, advice from vets, and even the experience of going to endurance rides is the way to go. We have a friend who doesn't ride but instead builds trucks and trailers for his endurance wife. He also.crews for her

If on the other hand, the spouse is actually hostile to your horse addiction you have a problem. Logic and education will never solve that problem. You will have to get your own money (if they are also cheap), schedule your rides in advance (sudden family obligations are a favorite ploy), and learn to ignore their comments. The guaranteed solution (termination of the relationship) is drastic and not to be entered into lightly.

Wendy and I both thank our lucky stars that we are both horse addicted. It has made the last decade the best years of our lives!

Ed

Ed & Wendy Hauser 2994 Mittower Road Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx