[RC] abusing horse - tracey smith

Okay....I CAN speak from experience because I do know Anita and her horse Tiny very well...and Anita YOU ARE NOT abusing that horse!  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Tiny is one of the most well cared for horses I know....you pay lots of attention to her diet..her training, conditioning and comfort whether just on a "fun ride" or conditioning or in competition.  Your first aid kit rivals what many vets carry ( I'm not kidding folks Anita has all the goods) and that mare ALWAYS looks happy and ready to go down the trail.

If she was abused she'd show it as Tiny is pretty good about letting you know how she feels about things!!!  She enjoys her job and likes to work hard for you.  All that happened this weekend was just as you said...the terrain was tough and the weather made it tougher.

I also live in Ft. Worth and Anita and I ride and condition together quite a bit.  Our mares love their jobs and were eager to tackle the trail. I too was worried how my mare would do on that terrain ( I only rode the 25) and she handled it great.  I had considered riding again on Sunday, but with the worsening weather I knew the trails would get slicker and just did not want to ask my flatlander mare to do that again...in slick conditions.

But you can bet we will be back there in May for Old Glory...this time my goal is to ride BOTH days.

Anita, I think Diana had a good idea....maybe your husband needs to come to a ride with you and see what all goes on and how hard you work to take care of your horse.  Someone compaired it this weekend ( I forgot who) to running or cycling...marathon runners often pull or strain muscles...so do cylclists....it's just part of the sport and we have to heal the injury, learn how to prevent it in the future and move on...that's not abuse it's learning from experience.

Go hug your horse...she loves you and knows the truth.

Your trail buddies and friends,
Tracey and Amira

Tracey
Love the horse beneath you. - Cosack saying