[RC] Abusing Horse - Carolyn Burgess

I have to agree with Angie on this one.  My husband USED to weight 355 lbs.  He rode a 16H Arab that weighed about 1,100 lbs.  With tack, my husband was close to 400 lbs on this horse.  It was all that he could do to keep this horse from galloping off with him. They used to jump small logs (18") on trail.  The horse would sail over the jumps.  We actually think that all this weight made this horse have to think about riding since it was enough that he just couldn't take off.  BTW, this horse was 16 y.o. when my husband started riding him.  At 21, the horse needed to go on lighter duty, meaning he carries riders of a lighter weight (250 now - and he still gets up and goes).  My husband is a very balanced and light rider, still is now at 185 instead of 355.

Carolyn Burgess