[RC] Flagstaff, AZ Vets - WRSINOSKY

I recently became acquainted with a woman online who just moved to the Flagstaff, AZ, area.  Her mare foaled out Thursday and rejected the foal. To make a long story short, after several dealings with a vet in the area who was no help, her colt died of septicemia last night. She had urged them to do tests for sepsis, told them the mare had been streaming milk for a week before she had the baby and probably lost the colostrum, pointed out several factors which were indicators of sepsis. All went ignored by the vet.

As I previously mentioned, this woman is new to the Flagstaff area and doesn't know many people. The vet came highly recommended, but for obvious reasons, she really would like a different vet to be oncall when her next mare foals in two weeks.

So, I'm sending a plea out to anyone living in the Flagstaff vicinity to please get back to me with names of veterinarians that you would recommend.

Thanks, ya'll.

Cindy Edwards
Buckeye, AZ