Home Shop Classified News, Stories Events Education Ridecamp Videos Cartoons AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

Re: [RC] lein on a horse ? - Steven Proe

Hi: First you must send a demand letter for any fee's that you are due. Then contact a attorney as I don't know what state you are in. After that you maybe able to go to the small claims court to settle this issue. I would think that you have a lien against the horse and should be able to hold the horse with the lien that you have against the horse.
Be prepared and have a copy of all you bill's and fee's along with the demand for payment letter which must be sent to the owner by Certified Return Receipt these fee's are also recoverable also any of your time that you have had to extend besides your normal horse care maybe additional fee's.
hope this helps
p/s I am not a attorney
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 6:32 AM
Subject: [RC] lein on a horse ?

I board a few horses at my farm, more of a hobby than a business, nothing fancy just making a little extra horse money and using the extra space that I have.  Well, I have one boarder that has not paid her board in 8 months, she never comes to see the horse, just calls with "How's she doing?",  and I've had to pay the horse's vet bill, farrier etc.,  Well, how do I go about putting a lein on this horse ?  Is it a legal thing I need a lawyer for or do I just send a certified letter to the owner ?  She called saying she is moving her horse to another barn, but didn't say anything about paying her huge bill. ($ 2800)  What do I do in this situation?    Thanks.

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 268.2.1/277 - Release Date: 3/8/2006

[RC] lein on a horse ?, Mom Alexander