From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Mom Alexander
Sent: 10 March 2006 04:32 PM
To: ridecamp
Subject: [RC] lein on a horse ?

I board a few horses at my farm, more of a hobby than a business, nothing fancy just making a little extra horse money and using the extra space that I have.  Well, I have one boarder that has not paid her board in 8 months, she never comes to see the horse, just calls with "How's she doing?",  and I've had to pay the horse's vet bill, farrier etc.,  Well, how do I go about putting a lein on this horse ?  Is it a legal thing I need a lawyer for or do I just send a certified letter to the owner ?  She called saying she is moving her horse to another barn, but didn't say anything about paying her huge bill. ($ 2800)  What do I do in this situation?    Thanks.