[RC] (response to my email) chevy ads? - hrsldylory

Dear Ms. Walsh,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet regarding the Men, Women and Truck
advertisement.

Chevrolet recently introduced a new truck advertising campaign called "Long
Live the Truck" that connects Chevy Trucks with being the longest lasting
trucks on the road.  In some cases, the actual print ads included a pull-out
piece called "Men, Women and the Truck. A relationship handbook."

The "handbook" was designed to be humorous.  The piece is satirical and was not
designed to discourage female truck buyers in any way.

A small number of consumers have expressed concerns about the ad.  The handbook
was a one-time print and appeared in publications of limited distribution.

Female customers are an important part of the Chevy consumer mix - for all
Chevy products -- and Chevy regrets any disappointment some people may have had
about the handbook.  Chevrolet appreciates all its consumers and understands
that many women drive the purchase decisions on Chevy products, both cars and
trucks.

We certainly appreciate the time and effort you took in writing us and we value
your input.  You can be assured that the last thing General Motors wants to do
is offend any of our customers.  We will continue to strive for excellence in
the marketing and advertising of our vehicles.

Sincerely,

Heather Voltz
Chevrolet Motor Division