Re: [RC] ...Canter Leads/from Trot - Beverley H. Kane, MD

Title: Re: [RC]  ...Canter Leads/from Trot
The canter lead I ask for is independent of which trot diagonal I am on, especially as the path changes curves.
Rather, I have a diagonal-neutral split second interlude when I ask for canter.
I will either ask from having sat or stood the trot for an extra beat or from 2-point.
What aids/signals are you using for the canter transition?

And yes, I have worked w/ vets at many rides when they tell riders w/ borderline-pull sore-backed horses to switch diagonals.