Re: [RC] [RC] Led Horses Regardless of Weight Divisions - ekiddco

Boy, that's a touchy subject.  Thought I might weigh in and throw my 238.5 pounds' worth in.  For what it's worth, I am the AERC 50 mile heavy weight national champion.  My horse has suffered a lot of criticism because I run with him.  I've heard it all.  My horse must not be in good shape cause I run with him.  I must not be able to control him; why else would I be running.  It's not fair to run with your horse, etc, etc, etc.  I have a whopping 1,265 miles.  Just trying to let y'all know I'm a puppy.  But I know this much:  An endurance rider and their horse are a team.  Is it fair that I run with my horse?  Heck, no.  Is it fair that I race against a 100 pound rider?  Absolutely not.  But these are the rules.  I can run; you don't have to carry weight, unless it's an FEI ride, of course.  A very wise person told me, "If you're not getting off your horse, you're more worried about your back side than your horse.  Ouch!  That hurt.  The truth often does.
Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!