Re: [RC] full English sheepskin cover for RP endurance - Lynne Glazer

It was nice to read about the Louisiana Gumbo ride, yep, spent lots of time in the Kisatchie Forest in wool socks and Army boots.

Reading about those sudden sinkholes, well, that sounds just like our trails right now, very unusual for us (can't remember it ever happening before) but the water table is that high. Yesterday's ride on trails that appeared fine, we'd start to trot, my boy "lost" his back end, twice in about 15 feet convinced us that walking was a better bet.

Ah, Mollie, that makes sense, using a rump rug when on foot! It made a big impression on me, I guess--once I was off walking down from the top on DVE day 2, it was sleeting. When the footing was safe, we got back on--my naked saddle was ok, just wet--OTOH, Heather sat down and her sheepskin cover audibly squished out water. We both said Ewwwww; I was comfortable again within minutes.

T, it's different in a cold rain than in a warm SE rain, isn't it?

Hay, uh, hey, I was born and raised in this fine state. I did enjoy the 3 years in the "other" LA, but it ruined me for fishing anywhere else (except up in Alaska).