Re: [RC] re: ride times - Truman Prevatt

I've been known to carry a pound or so of food on a long loop where there was little vegetation. I also have been know to cary a collapsable bucket and damn up a very small spring and collect water in the bucket. Most rides do have water out somewhere. If I'm out on a long loop - I will somehow manage to get my horse food even if it goes out on my back.

Of course I've also been know to go out on 20 mile loops without any people water nor any people snacks. So while my horse usually looks and feels fine after a long loop - some times the rider looks like he's been run over by a semi.

Truman

Maryanne Gabbani wrote:

But if you ride in an area where there is NOTHING to eat or drink along the way, those holds are really important. Our horses would think they'd died and gone to heaven if they had grass and water along the route.

Maryanne
in the world's largest sandbox