Re: [RC] AERC NC & FEI - Magnumsmom

Heidi wrote:

Well, that also presumes that the "FEI hopefuls" have riders who
> even give a hang about the AERC NC.

Focusing here at home, this is the key to the whole issue since the
AERC NC was formed.  No one gives a rats a$$.  This is kinda a
problem for our sport, me thinks.  So, what do we need to do to
make people care?  This is supposed to be our one yearly ride-off
between the best of the best.

The first thing we as the AERC need to do is make people CARE
about the AERC NC... care about qualifying... care about making
the ride... just Care.

Right now it means nothing.  That doesn't mean it's not a good idea.
It means it hasn't been done right yet.  My point is the ROC did
something really really right.  The AERC NC can do that too if we
figure out how.  *I* think the key was the qualification.  Making
the qualification stiffer makes it mean something to be there.

Then, throw a hell of a big party and make people want to just be
there.  Kinda like spending New Years at the Death Valley ride.

:)  :)  :) - Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM
ps...  oh, and protect the integrity of the whole thing... from the
small regional rides (ie, qualification) to the horses at the NC.