RE: [RC] Chicken Little Hysteria - heidi

This statement is the biggest bunch of crap I ever heard.  YOU are just
"flat wrong". Heidi, you need to go back and read over the posts during
the period when this was an issue on Ridecamp. They are RIGHT OUT THERE
IN THE ARCHIVES for you to read. I will be happy to give you the links
if you can't find them.  I also have a complete file of my personal
communications with AERC on this subject, including those "empty" Vet
Committee Reports and letters from AERC. WE?  Who is "WE"?  If you
"worked your fanny off", you certainly didn't get any results. Prior to
the Convention in Chattanooga when John Parks initiated the HWC at the
"Hot Topics" discussion:

If you recall, I (and several others) brought up the same thing then.  You
didn't bother to read it then, and judging by your current post, a review
hasn't gotten through to you, either.

-  Vet Committee Reports were not available to the membership

-  The Vet Committee reports contained NO detail as to circumstances
surrounding the deaths.

-  No horse death information was passed to the membership.  In fact,
the majority of the membership was unaware there WERE horse deaths,
unless they happened to be at a ride where it happened.

As one who looked at much of the material at the time, it WAS available to
the membership when it came out, but was not properly archived.  Vet
committee reports that I sat through in "those days" most definitely DID
contain details--again, if you want to complain that they were not
properly archived, I'll buy that, but that's a far cry from tarring and
feathering all concerned with some great conspiracy to keep things secret.

Your post is so inaccurate, it doesn't even deserve this minimal
response...and so uninformed that debating it with you is not worth my
time.

Sorry, I was there--you weren't.  The main reason much of this stuff never
got kept is because nobody appeared to give a damn.  That much HAS
changed--and I'm glad it has.  But if you want inaccuracy, don't try to
indict those who were there and who damn well saw the very stuff that you
claim never existed--and in fact, in some cases even filled out the forms
and sent them in!  Go ride your high horse--I prefer the facts.

Heidi