RE: [RC] Chicken Little Hysteria - Jim Holland

This statement is the biggest bunch of crap I ever heard.  YOU are just
"flat wrong". Heidi, you need to go back and read over the posts during the
period when this was an issue on Ridecamp. They are RIGHT OUT THERE IN THE
ARCHIVES for you to read. I will be happy to give you the links if you can't
find them.  I also have a complete file of my personal communications with
AERC on this subject, including those "empty" Vet Committee Reports and
letters from AERC. WE?  Who is "WE"?  If you "worked your fanny off", you
certainly didn't get any results. Prior to the Convention in Chattanooga
when John Parks initiated the HWC at the "Hot Topics" discussion:

-  Vet Committee Reports were not available to the membership

-  The Vet Committee reports contained NO detail as to circumstances
surrounding the deaths.

-  No horse death information was passed to the membership.  In fact, the
majority of the membership was unaware there WERE horse deaths, unless they
happened to be at a ride where it happened.

Your post is so inaccurate, it doesn't even deserve this minimal
response...and so uninformed that debating it with you is not worth my time.

Geeze!

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

While I applaud the work of the HWC, I again must say that those of us who
worked our fannies off for years to do just exactly the same thing resent
having this sort of inflamatory misrepresentation perpetuated.  It is
wonderful to have a more centralized manner of handling things, but the
deaths in prior years were NOT swept under the rug, facts were NOT
withheld, and we learned a great deal from them.  Better dissemination of
information is great--but your black-and-white portrayal of "then" and
"now" is just flat wrong.

Heidi