Re: [RC] define collection - Chris Paus

Among my riding friends, that is called a "false frame," where the head is cranked down but there is no impulsion from behind.  That's NOT what I'm trying to achieve with my mare.

chris

Ed Kilpatrick <whytrotfarms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
kat, i know a lot of people who use the word, "collection", when really all they are referring to is the way the horse's head is set.   the rest of the horse might not be collected, but if the head and neck look good, some call that collected.    of course, that is not the classical definition, but i think it is a pretty common one.        cowboy ed

"If I fill this moment with gratitude, the next moment can't help but bring blessings."

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus