[RC] endurance-FEI etc - Sbolinge

For those of us who have been out of the loop for awhile..would someone please explain how this all is connected?  IN other words...when AERC and USEF sit down for meetings and vote on things...how are each represented? And then how does what they do tie into the FEI?  Is there really anyway to explain how this all works?  Steph has come pretty close, but I am still baffled.   And what in the world is
AERC-1???? I have looked on the various web sites and I still cannot tie it all together.  Also..when one of our riders heads off to Arabia or wherever to ride in the WEC how much of their expenses are paid for? And by whom?? The USEF...?  Also, If a horse can nominate at age six...He is still going to have to have a lot of fast miles accumulated just to nominate..not a good thing I would think. Also...all of you out  there who have accumulated, lets say, over a thousand miles on one horse, at what point do you feel you got to know your horse well enough to be able to recognize when something was not right???

Well Coffee'd up --- Sandy Bolinger