[RC] Chicken Little Hysteria? - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: kim kimfue@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Indeed one is sometimes.  And I've found that "friends" who resort to the
sort of hyperbole and Chicken Little hysteria that has been too often used
in reference to this topic are often cumbersome.

Heidi,
 Who would have thought just a short time ago that the USEF would take away
any qualifying criteria for the WEC in 2006.  It seems to me the the "Chicken
Little" hysteria you talk about is actually more like fact and if you choose
the "bird" analogies continue be an "ostrich with your head in the sand" if you
choose. This is just the latest in a series of developments with USEF....wasn't
there just a discussion about how AERC can no long use the name "National
Championship" for it's NC as USEF has claimed title?  We have no control over
USEF but they sure seem to have some kind of control over us.  Why is that?
  Now just for discussion sake....not advocating one position or another.
What is wrong with the board discussing this issue?  What if AERC chooses NOT
to be the recognized endurance organization of USEF? Does AERC I decide that
issue or does the entire board and/or membership decide.
   Where does the line get drawn in your book....if USEF chooses not to change
the new policy on requirements for the WEC in 2006 would you, Heidi, continue
to support that organization?  Will you continue to support an organization
that will allow 6 year old horses that have never been in a 100 to represent
the US in the WEC?  It's hard to set the example you talk about so often when
we may be sending less qualified horses in 2006 then we have in previous WECs.
It seems this is a lot more then "chicken little" hysteria.

Kim Fuess