[RC] Frigid Digit 2005 - Connie Owens

Following through on one of my new year's resolutions (an easy one) of being more thankful to ride managers of the rides I attend, I really want to thank ride manager Maria Wallis and all the hard working volunteers & vets for this years Frigid Digit at LBJ Grasslands, Decatur, Texas, Saturday 2/5.  For me, everything went very smooth and my mare gave me a terrific effort (considering I didn't get to condition as much as I would have liked too), much more than I expected! We completed the 25 miler with a ride time of 4:19 which put us around 48th (I think). There were 70 starters, 53 finishers, so that makes me a Turtle Ten Smiley emoticon ! I didn't know how many were in the 50 or 75 though. The only hazards on the trails were a few boggy, deep wet sand, and slick places from all the rain we had during the previous week (oh, and some riders encountered annoyed bird dog trainers whose hounds were off running with the horses and not listening to their handlers!)  The weather was on the cool side with a good breeze but lots of sunshine!

A great start for me & my mare for our third ride season! Again, a big thanks to Maria and everyone involved who made the Frigid Digit happen!!!

Connie
Ct Region
"There's only one King and it's not me"... Elvis Presley