[RC] Heart rates - sherman

I just read an article at http://www.aht.org.uk/fsheets/fsheets9.html regarding heart rates for horses. It states that at low heart rates of 140, it is considered aerobic and the horse should be able to exercise at that rate and recover quickly. That seems a bit high to me. What is a good aerobic zone for the typical Arabian horse? The article showed heart rates for  conditioned Thoroughbreds on a treadmill. Pretty interesting. I've just started using a heart rate monitor and was very surprised at how quickly the heart rate increases & decreases.

BTW, I've lost my GPS unit (:>(, maybe at Empire Mine gate or staging area....has anyone found one there? It's sorely missed.

Kathy
Grass Valley, CA