Re: [RC] LQ Wish List - firedancefarms

Hi Karen,
We have built two living quarters in a very very small space.  What I can't have enough of is storage space and hooks!  I  have a big box (to get up on the bed and make it tall)  for storage and I use hooks for my fanny pack, towels, and food (hung in the Walmart sacks!).
We have a sink, and what we have really liked, is a vanity mirror to store medicines, etc in.  We have cabinets above the counter and below.  We got the sink, cabinets, countertop...all from Lowes.  Our big box does not go all the way to both ends.  One end has about 18 inches, which stores the chairs and mudboots, the other end is just big enough for the ice chest to go lengthwise.

When it's cold, we use a propane heater and just turn it off before going to sleep.  It goes on the floor and rides in the back of the truck when not in use.

The only thing I wish it had was a microwave.  But if I had a microwave, I'd have to have a generator, so we do without.  Our next trailer will still be a 22ft, but instead of a 4 horse, we'll have a three, and add a shower.  I can always bring a little microwave if I know I am going to be somewhere with electricity!  I always say that, too, about a heater, but I always forget!

We have a solar powered panel we got from Northern Tool for about $69 that always keeps our battery charged for lights and water pump.

Everything is a compromise.   For us, it is money and space, and well...it just doesn't really interest us to have a lot more.  We don't stay long at a ride, often arriving well after dark and heading home well after dark the next day.  If we stayed several days at a ride, our priorities would probably change, although we do do multidays quite fine with a solar shower.

Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
http://pages.prodigy.net/firedancefarms